![]() |
| Wownesia.com 2011 (www.bing.com) |
As my
morning started I received a text from my wife asking me to write our next blog
entry. Her text stated that many people
have asked if I would write regarding my perspective. Once I received the text I began to
hyperventilate, brain-storm and then decided I must mow the lawn to take my
mind away from the task at hand. For the
next hour between the sneezing, blowing snot rockets due to allergies from the
grass and pondering while mowing I decided that I could do this. So here it goes.
First I
must ask you this question. What is the
one” thing” that everyone seeks in life?
Some have it, some yearn for it, some long for it, some take a long time
to find it, some find it early and some have it but don’t realize it. Most would argue that this “thing” can be the
cause and the answer to many of today’s problems. I am going out on a limb by saying that even
the Ten Commandments can be summed with this one word. Have you figured it out
yet………………..LOVE. Love is the answer and
really when you think about it things happen in life due to the lack or the
abundance of LOVE.
You may
be wondering how this has anything to do with adoption. The decision to adopt has everything to do
with love. As I see it our child will
have known love from day one. Many ask
how could a mother do that to a child, but I would ask how this is not the
ultimate sacrifice of love. Just as GOD
so LOVED us that he gave his one and only begotten son to die for our sins,
these mother’s pay the ultimate sacrifice by giving up their children to help
provide a better life for them. Love
guided this mother to sacrifice her own need to love, so her child would be
provided for since she is unable to.
Next, the love of the Orphanage care givers is immense to try their best
to provide the daily needs for these children with little supplies. Lastly you mix in the Love of the adoptive
parents. Amazing the love of each step
in this child’s life is not forgotten nor is it ever lost. Granted this love for that child may not be
realized while he/she is young but at some point they will. My goal through adoption is to continue this
love for one little boy.
![]() |
| Photo by James Goll (www.bing.com) |
Over the
last hours while pondering this blog post many thoughts, questions, answers and
prayers have been running throughout my mind.
The one thought that sticks with me is how LOVED I have been. To fathom the Love my heavenly father has
given me through giving up his son for my sins.
My heavenly father adopted me before my conception and has continued
this love to this day. He provided me with
loving earthly parents that have shaped my life over the years. While both of my parents are important to me
I would like to focus briefly on my earthly father. My heavenly father has provided me with a
loving nurturing earthly father that has provided me with a great skill set and
respect for life that I can only hope to pass on to my children. My goal in life is to pass this on to all my
children. While the orphanage has and
continues to provide for our child, I feel a strong calling to continue providing
more to him. As any father knows the
love you have for your children is just as strong/intense as a mother’s
love.
Often a father’s love is shown in
a different manner than a mother’s love but it is just as equally important in
a child’s life. I am reminded of a
common country song that I grew up listening to called “Daddy’s Hands” by Holly
Dunn. As this song says Daddy’s hands
were there when I was crying, like steel when I had done wrong, and there was
always love in daddy’s hands. This adoption
is an opportunity for me to pass my heavenly father’s love on to another child
in need. As they say “FAITH, HOPE and
LOVE” are important in life but the greatest of these is “LOVE.”


1 comment:
Well said, Josh. I admire you so much for seeking His will for your family and stretching outside of yourself and "loving the least of these."
Post a Comment